TAKE YOU PLACES.
At WHSmith our people are at the heart of everything we do. They are the ones that go the extra mile for our customers. The ones that enable our growth. That’s why our Central Operations team is passionate about creating an environment where people can be creative and trailblazing in order to do their best work.
As an Area Manager, you will drive the commercial performance of our M&S Franchise stores in a fast-evolving business working with various partners. You will be the key decision maker with the autonomy to deliver our company strategy based on our customer, commercial and people plans.
What you will be doing
- Deliver excellent and consistent customer service and brand standards.
- Consistently raising performance & energising teams to deliver
- Driving a selling culture
- Consistent delivery of KPI’s
- Work in collaboration with, central, M&S and store teams to support with operational decisions
- Creating an environment of continuous improvement with the M&S store teams
- Work in collaboration with piers and wider teams.
- Maintain and grow a strong relationship between the stores and central teams across M&S and WHSmith.
What we are looking for
- Proven Leadership track record
- Building and strengthening relationships with different stakeholders.
- Strong communication skills and adaptability.
- Comfortable with difficult conversations.
- Ability to lead through ambiguity.
- Demonstrate flexibility and resourcefulness.
- Ability to get effective resolution with teams and managers
- FMCG background- desirable.
How we reward our teams
- 25 Days holiday, plus your Birthday off, plus Bank Holidays with an opportunity to buy extra days holiday
- Family Friendly Leave
- Company Pension scheme
- Sharesave Scheme
- Annual Bonus based on company and personal performance
- Competitive Salary
- Staff Discount Card for stores and online
Celebrating 230 years, we’re proud to have grown and evolved into a globally recognised brand present in over 30 countries around the world, and we’re proud to be that air of familiarity people love and trust on their journey, both in life and through life. As a diverse group of over 12,000 colleagues, we are all on the same journey to a better business through our commitments to our planet, people and the communities we serve.
WHSmith are proud to be an inclusive employer, we want our colleagues to feel welcome, and free to be themselves with us.
Our UK Travel office is based in a buzzing part of central London close to Liverpool Street Station. We are an ambitious team that thrives on pace, collaboration and innovation resulting in a real entrepreneurial culture. It’s perfect for people who are happy to use their initiative and embrace life outside their comfort zone.
We strive to be outward-facing and customer-focused:
an organisation that keeps its promises. Living our four key values is an important part of achieving this aim.
We keep the customer at the heart of all that we do.
Value Our People
Our people are respected and valued in an honest, open environment.
Drive for Results
We push ourselves to achieve ambitious and competitive results – delivered with pace.
We take personal responsibility and deliver what we say we will.