We now have an exciting opportunity for a Marketing Executive to join our High Street Marketing team at our Support Centre in Swindon.
The main purpose of a Marketing Assistant is to support the Marketing team in the delivery of High Street Stores promotional material and supporting with the creation of Marketing plans.
What you will be doing
- Executing and managing promotional campaigns (Point of Sale materials), ensuring campaigns are produced, prioritised and implemented effectively
- Collaborating with the High Street Commercial teams to develop the marketing strategy for High Street stores including products, nominations and collating pricing, promotions and photography
- Hands-on management of all print activity and distribution
- Managing multiple stakeholders, taking promotional briefs
- Managing briefs in large data Excel spreadsheets ensuring accuracy
- Proof reading the T&C’s, promotions, checking against briefs and creatives
- Liaising with the in-house studio team as well as general marketing admin and managing promotional budgets
- Supporting in the management of the marketing budget and promotional budgets
What we are looking for
- You will have previous relevant Marketing experience as Marketing Assistant or Executive, with a strong creative flair and a keen eye for detail
- A highly organised multitasker, who can adapt to changing deadlines and briefs whilst remaining calm under pressure
- You will have excellent attention to detail and be able to manage and prioritise multiple projects
- An excellent team player with strong interpersonal and networking skills
- You will be comfortable working with Microsoft Office in particular Excel, looking at data and manipulating large spreadsheets
How we reward our teams
- Hybrid working model from home and in the office
- 4pm Friday finish
- Flexible Working
- 24 days holiday, plus your Birthday off, plus Bank Holidays with an opportunity to buy extra days holiday
- Family friendly leave
- Competitive pension contribution
- Sharesave Scheme
- Annual Bonus based on company and Personal Performance
- Competitive salary
- Staff discount card for stores and online
Celebrating 230 years, we’re proud to have grown and evolved into a globally recognised brand present in over 30 countries around the world, and we’re proud to be that air of familiarity people love and trust on their journey, both in life and through life. As a diverse group of over 12,000 colleagues, we are all on the same journey to a better business through our commitments to our planet, people and the communities we serve.
WHSmith have occupied our place as the Hub of the High Street and in our customers’ hearts since 1792. Across our diverse estate of c.525 stores on UK high streets, with our wide-ranging store sizes and formats, we sell a large range of products including stationery, greeting cards, art and craft, newspapers, magazines, books and drinks. We are an ambitious team that thrives on pace, collaboration and innovation resulting in a real entrepreneurial culture.
WHSmith are proud to be an inclusive employer, we want our colleagues to feel welcome, and free to be themselves with us.
We strive to be outward-facing and customer-focused:
an organisation that keeps its promises. Living our four key values is an important part of achieving this aim.
We keep the customer at the heart of all that we do.
Value Our People
Our people are respected and valued in an honest, open environment.
Drive for Results
We push ourselves to achieve ambitious and competitive results – delivered with pace.
We take personal responsibility and deliver what we say we will.