TAKE YOU PLACES.
At WHSmith our people are at the heart of everything we do. They are the ones that go the extra mile for our customers. The ones that enable our growth. That’s why our Merchandising team is passionate about creating an environment where people can be creative and trailblazing in order to do their best work.
The Merchandiser will work cross functionally and deliver through others to manage the range review, range management and range analysis process whilst managing stock within agreed open to buy limits.
What you will be doing
- Managing the range review process and critical path
- Range planning and analysis, attendance at range build meetings
- Exit, Quality of Stock and recall management
- Day to day Open to Buy management
- Inputting into the creation of cost, quality and availability of stock targets
- Managing and reporting on intake to sales/return to sales and stock turn
- DC planning, throughput, communication & relationship management
- Managing range size within agreed parameters
- Range planning and stock management experience in a comparable environment - necessary
- Highly analytical and numerate with strong attention to detail with ability to use data and personal impact to influence
- Ability to negotiate, be resilient with ability to handle conflict whilst maintaining relationships
- Someone who takes an interest in longer term resource management (succession planning etc.) and is a strong role model across the Merchandising team
- An individual who can work cross-functionally to deliver results with strong business acumen
- Hybrid Working Model from home and in the office
- 4pm Friday Finish
- Flexible Working
- 25 Days holiday, plus your Birthday off, plus Bank Holidays with an opportunity to buy extra days holiday
- Family Friendly Leave
- Competitive Pension Contribution
- Sharesave Scheme
- Annual Bonus based on company and personal performance
- Competitive Salary and Car Allowance
- Private Medical Insurance
- Staff Discount Card for stores and online
Celebrating 230 years, we’re proud to have grown and evolved into a globally recognised brand present in over 30 countries around the world, and we’re proud to be that air of familiarity people love and trust on their journey, both in life and through life. As a diverse group of over 12,000 colleagues, we are all on the same journey to a better business through our commitments to our planet, people and the communities we serve.
WHSmith are proud to be an inclusive employer, we want our colleagues to feel welcome, and free to be themselves with us.
Our UK Travel office is based in a buzzing part of central London close to Liverpool Street Station. We are an ambitious team that thrives on pace, collaboration and innovation resulting in a real entrepreneurial culture.
We strive to be outward-facing and customer-focused:
an organisation that keeps its promises. Living our four key values is an important part of achieving this aim.
We keep the customer at the heart of all that we do.
Value Our People
Our people are respected and valued in an honest, open environment.
Drive for Results
We push ourselves to achieve ambitious and competitive results – delivered with pace.
We take personal responsibility and deliver what we say we will.