For every career journey,
Sales Advisor – InMotion – Gatwick North
Contract Type Permanent
Working hours - up to 30 hours fully flexible (4am to 10pm)
WHSmith has a remarkable heritage and we are seeing growth in our airports, hospitals, rail stations and motorway services. We want to provide products to everyone on any of life’s journeys. Our InMotion brand, is a leading digital accessories business, offering an amazing customer experience with all the latest tech. That’s why, as we continue our journey, our aim is simple: to make every one of life’s journeys better!
As a Sales Advisor you’ll provide exceptional customer service and work independently or as part of a team to deliver our fantastic store standards and share product knowledge with our customers, so that they are delighted with everything they buy from us. We want you, our customers and our colleagues to be proud to share their journey with us.
- 5 years continuous references – to gain an airport pass you will need to provide 5 years’ worth of either employment or education references without any gaps.
- Criminal Records Bureau Check – to be completed by WHSmith if your application is successful.
- Photographic ID i.e. passport or UK Driving Licence.
What being a Sales Advisor is all about:
- Your role is to play a part within a winning team to be the best that you can be and to assist in driving sales, commerciality and service standards.
- Having great product knowledge to sell and recommend our products and services to customers.
- Delivering best in marketplace standards through presentation, availability and keeping the store clean and tidy.
- Working as part of a winning team: pulling together with other members in the team you will thrive in a fast-paced environment and enjoy all the challenges that this brings.
What our Store Leadership Team would love to see:
- Current/recent Retail Product (or similar) sales experience (preferably in a fast-paced environment) with working knowledge of KPI’s such as ATV.
- Good communication skills and listening skills so you can understand our customer needs and help them with their product choices.
- A passion for providing a great customer experience in your stores by offering amazing product knowledge.
- Great organisation skills plus strong attention to detail.
- Ability to work as part of a team, supporting your colleagues and helping to deliver the daily activities.
- Creating a sense of pride within the store to ensure both colleagues and customer facilities are of a good standard, and that we are operating safely and legally.
How we reward our teams:
We know you’ll work hard to make WHSmith a success and keep our customers happy, so as well as your salary, pension scheme, paid annual leave and employee discounts, we’ll reward you with a range of deals from retail partners that will help you save money and make memories, whether a delicious meal, an adventurous day out, or tickets to see the latest blockbuster.
Whatever the future brings, our Employee Assistance Programme will support you with help and guidance for your wellbeing whether physical, mental or financial.
WHSmith are proud to be an inclusive employer, we want our colleagues to feel welcome, and free to be themselves with us.
We strive to be outward-facing and customer-focused:
an organisation that keeps its promises. Living our four key values is an important part of achieving this aim.
We’re Customer Focused
We keep the customer at the heart of all that we do.
Value Our People
Our people are respected and valued in an honest, open environment.
Drive for Results
We push ourselves to achieve ambitious and competitive results – delivered with pace.
We take personal responsibility and deliver what we say we will.