TAKE YOU PLACES.
Weekend Sales Assistant - WHSmith - Manchester Airport T1
Salary - £10.65 per hour
Nights Premium Payment - £1.50 per hour extra working between midnight - 5am
Contract Type - Part Time
Days - Saturday and/or Sunday
Hours per week - up to 16
Shifts Times - various shift times between 3am - 11pm
FREE STAFF CAR PARKING
FIRST 4 WEEKS TRAVEL FREE on BUS or METROLINK
As a Sales Assistant you’ll provide exceptional customer service and work independently or as part of a team to deliver our fantastic store standards. We want you, our customers, and our colleagues to be proud to share their journey with us.
- 5 years continuous references – to gain an airport pass you will need to provide 5 years’ worth of either employment or education references without any gaps
- Criminal Records Bureau Check – to be completed by WHSmith if your application is successful
- Photographic ID i.e. passport or UK Driving Licence
What being a Sales Assistant is all about:
- Delivering an exceptional customer service to all our customers.
- Carrying out stock replenishment, ensuring all areas of the store remain tidy and inviting for our customers to shop.
- Meeting high standards of display and visual merchandising helping customers find what they're looking for easily.
- Being part of a team and supporting colleagues.
What our Stores would love to see:
- A passion for customers having an exceptional experience in store.
- Confident in communicating within the team.
- Motivated to achieve fantastic results and standards.
- Adaptable to meet company requirements and goals.
How we reward our teams:
We know you’ll work hard to make WHSmith a success and keep our customers happy, so as well as your salary, pension scheme, paid annual leave and employee discounts, we’ll reward you with a range of deals from retail partners that will help you save money and make memories, whether a delicious meal, an adventurous day out, or tickets to see the latest blockbuster.
Whatever the future brings, our Employee Assistance Programme will support you with help and guidance for your wellbeing whether physical, mental or financial.
WHSmith has a remarkable heritage and we are growing particularly in our airports, hospitals, rail stations and motorway services. Our aim is simple, to offer our products to everyone on any of life’s journeys. Our InMotion brand, a leading digital accessories business, continues to grow and develop, offering an amazing customer experience with all the latest tech. We have created great partnerships with the likes of M&S and Costa Coffee, ‘broaden our offering’ to our customers throughout the UK. That’s why, as we continue our journey, our aim is simple: to make every one of life’s journeys better!
WHSmith are proud to be an inclusive employer, we want our colleagues to feel welcome, and free to be themselves with us.
We strive to be outward-facing and customer-focused:
an organisation that keeps its promises. Living our four key values is an important part of achieving this aim.
We keep the customer at the heart of all that we do.
Value Our People
Our people are respected and valued in an honest, open environment.
Drive for Results
We push ourselves to achieve ambitious and competitive results – delivered with pace.
We take personal responsibility and deliver what we say we will.